Nereus was challenged to develop messaging to make a client stand out in a competitive announcement environment and launch a new technology to provide IT managers a standardized approach to the management of virtualized environments.
With this launch, the client aimed to spur adoption of the technology and increase the organization’s brand awareness in the virtualization marketplace. Adding to the challenge, the client intended to launch the technology in conjunction with a key industry event in this space. Given the highly competitive environment for announcements, Nereus determined that our client’s launch had to be creative to be heard through the noise.
With a firm understanding of the target audience, the Nereus team worked with client volunteers and partner firms to develop and divide an integrated marketing approach into five areas:
- Messaging & Branding – Personified the technology as a superhero to accentuate its benefits
- Integrated Marcom Campaign – Integrated the new brand into existing marcom channels, including the monthly newsletter, website, and collateral suite
- Proactive Media/Analyst Relations – Leveraged the firm’s relationships with key press and analysts to distribute the news
- Event Marketing – Tailored booth presence and speaker presentations to deliver the message
- New Media – Introduced the client to new channels to reach its target audience, including a social media release
The launch created the splash needed to stand out at the event – garnering key message pick-up and in-depth coverage in all target publications. The team forged new relationships with analysts and media, many of whom now look to the client’s executives as experts on virtualization management. The social media program was embraced by the online community, which encouraged the client to continue to invest in new media. Most importantly, industry adoption of the technology has continued to grow, helping to reduce the complexity and cost of virtualization management for IT managers.